ISBC is following the provincial and the school district health and safety guidelines for returning to school. Health and safety remain the focus for the new school year.
BC Guidelines: Back to School K-12: What you need to know provides an overview of the approach to the new school year.
For more information see B.C.'s K-12 Back to School Plan website.
Based upon Provincial COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidance for K-12 Settings –Advice from the BC Centre for Disease Control, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Education and WorkSafe BC
|Student Daily Health Check||Staff Daily Health Check||Visitor Daily Health Check|
- Daily Health Checks: Staff, parents and students are regularly reminded of their responsibilities to complete a Daily Health Check and are provided with resources on how to complete one (e.g., the K-12 Health Check app).
- Stay Home When Sick / What To Do When Sick: Staff and students are regularly reminded to stay home when they are sick and are provided with resources on what to do when they are sick (e.g., the BC Self-Assessment Tool app).
- Hand Hygiene & Respiratory Etiquette:
- Staff, adult volunteers and visitors, and students in Grade 4 and higher in “bricks and mortar” schools wear a non-medical mask or face covering (a “mask”) according to the guidelines or applicable public health orders/recommendations.
- Masks are available for those who have forgotten theirs.
- Hand cleaning and sanitization